Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amy Winehouse

Perhaps it is the true Public Defender in me coming out, but I REALLY like Amy Winehouse's music....

Up until this past weekend, I didn't know too much about her, except for the bad press I would read in the paper virtually every single morning. Then, on the radio on our way up north, I actually heard her music for the 1st time (instead of just reading about her most recent arrest). I was jamming out as we headed north on I-90. Then, the infamous Grammy awards happened on Sunday night (i'm not typically a grammy-watcher, but it happened to be on tv while we were up north...). Since then, i've been hooked and REHAB keeps running through my head! ...And I said "no-no-no...."

Granted, she has some major major major problems, but dang, her voice is amazing....it has a smoky, funky, bluesy edge to it.

Here's my Closing Argument, going back to my recent Public Defender days... If you've never actually heard her music, check her out on youtube. Look past the tatoos, the seemingly drug-induced dance moves, the daze in her eyes, the beehive,,,,,and just really LISTEN to her sing. I think she deserves each and every one of those 5 grammy's. Hopefully they will be motivation for her to get the help that she probably does really need....

No comments: