Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cinco De Mayo Recipe



I found this picture and recipe on a great website, www.familyfun.go.com Great ideas for fun kid stuff! Here's the recipe if you feel like being festive this Cinco de Mayo. I think I am going to give the sombrero cookies a try! I'll report back, if I have success!

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
1 sugar cookie
white icing
nonpareils, colored
white gumdrop
1. To make one, frost the edge of a sugar cookie with white icing and roll it in colored nonpareils.

2. Next, coat the bottom and the lower edge of a small white gumdrop with frosting. Roll the edge of the gumdrop in the nonpareils, then set the gumdrop in the center of the cookie.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Brigette, we don't know each other, but if you don't mind and you get a second, I'd love to chat with you about Children's Home Society and their Peru and Ecuador programs. We've been researching for our next adoption. My email is jnk_fly at yahoo dot com. Thank you so much!

Brenna said...

Cute cookies! Will have to try that.

Anonymous said...

these cookies are soooo adorable! what else is your familia locos doing for Cinco De Mayo?

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, love the cookies! Will be trying them.